- With broad support from Commission Staff and intervenors
- Representing significant step in Company’s plan to make necessary investments in its network to benefit customers
AES Ohio, a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES) has filed a settlement of its Electric Security Plan (ESP) with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO). If approved, this settlement would allow AES Ohio to implement a plan to invest in its network and strengthen reliability, protect customers from volatility in market-based energy prices, and promote economic growth and job creation. The settlement, signed by seventeen parties and PUCO’s staff, received broad support from residential, commercial, industrial and low-income customers as well as suppliers and market participants.
“This comprehensive settlement is a major step in our ability to execute on our strategic plan to strengthen our network, ensuring that critical investments are made to benefit customers today and in the future,” said Kristina Lund, AES Ohio President and CEO. “For more than one hundred years our customers have relied upon us for affordable and reliable service, and we have and will continue to provide transmission and distribution service with the lowest rates of Ohio investor-owned utilities.”
Additional customer benefits of the ESP include:
- Increased educational outreach and marketing of utility assistance and low-income energy efficiency programs, prioritizing its outreach into communities that have a high percentage of disconnections. AES Ohio will explore outreach in multiple languages where appropriate and at local public events.
- Over the ESP three-year term, AES Ohio will contribute $150,000 of shareholder funds to the Gift of Power program which provides emergency relief funding to eligible customers who are facing disconnection or financial hardship.
- Additional support of economic development, weatherization in disadvantaged communities, electric vehicles (EVs) and customer education.
- Introducing new programs to address green energy and the growing electrification needs of customers.
A copy of the filed settlement is available at https://dis.puc.state.oh.us/DocumentRecord.aspx?DocID=aac71e3c-39f0-4fa0-9979-fe1f2f2571dc.
About AES Ohio
AES Ohio is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. AES Ohio, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 527,000 customers in West Central Ohio. During its long history, AES Ohio has served its customers with the lowest distribution and transmission rates in Ohio among investor-owned utilities. Connect with AES Ohio on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Learn more about how AES Ohio is accelerating the future of energy, visit aes-ohio.com.