Each October, AES Ohio, a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), recognizes National Energy Awareness Month to raise the importance of sustainability, promote energy efficiency tips for customers and acknowledge the critical role energy plays in our daily lives. AES Ohio wants to help you save energy and money by educating you on how your home uses energy. These energy efficiency tips and resources are just a few ways we can accelerate the future of energy, together.
As temperatures begin to cool down this fall, there are several ways customers can manage their energy usage and save:
- Heating and cooling make up 56% of your home’s energy use, install an energy efficient smart thermostat. Instant rebates are available on AES Ohio Marketplace.
- Purchase LED bulbs which use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs and last up to 25 times longer. The average home uses 40 bulbs.
- Improve the efficiency of your HVAC system by replacing air filters, tuning it up, or upgrading. A new, efficient model can save you $150 or more per year.
- Take advantage of heat from the sun. Open window coverings to allow sunlight to naturally heat your home.
- Turn off unnecessary lights and switch to energy-efficient lighting that gives off less heat in your home.
These tips and resources are useful during Energy Awareness Month, and every month of the year. Learn more.
About AES Ohio
AES Ohio is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. AES Ohio, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 527,000 customers in West Central Ohio. During its long history, AES Ohio has served its customers with the lowest distribution rate in Ohio among investor-owned utilities. Connect with AES Ohio on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Learn more about how AES Ohio is accelerating the future of energy, visit aes-ohio.com/hellofuture.