AES Ohio, a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), encourages customers to be aware of their electricity usage at home during bitter cold temperatures through the winter heating season and how significant swings in temperatures can have an impact on electric utility bills.
AES Ohio offers helpful energy efficiency tips and resources for the cold days ahead.
- Reduce your thermostat to the lowest comfortable setting when home. Remember, the lower the interior temperature, the slower the heat loss. Install a programmable thermostat. Proper use can save you about $180 per year in energy costs. Energy-efficient products are available for your home on the AES Ohio Marketplace.
- Improve the efficiency of your HVAC system by replacing air filters, tuning it up or upgrading. Changing air filters regularly is one of the easiest things you can do to support heating efficiency throughout your home.
- Take advantage of heat from the sun. Open window coverings to allow sunlight to naturally heat your home.
- Click it off – turn off unnecessary lights and switch to energy efficient lighting in your home.
- Purchase LED bulbs which use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs and last up to 25 times longer. The average home uses 40 bulbs.
- Sign up for Budget Billing. When the weather is unpredictably high or low, your AES Ohio bill doesn’t have to be. This billing option establishes more predictable payments throughout the year.
Learn more about how your home uses energy, how you can save and spend less on your bill.
Several programs are available to eligible customers who are in need of assistance with their utility bill.
During the winter months, AES Ohio also urges customers to be weather aware and prepared. The Outage Information Center offers easy outage reporting, safety tips and preparedness tips such as what to pack in an emergency kit.
About AES Ohio
AES Ohio is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. AES Ohio, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 527,000 customers in West Central Ohio. During its long history, AES Ohio has served its customers with the lowest rates in Ohio among investor-owned utilities. Connect with AES Ohio on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Learn more about how AES Ohio is accelerating the future of energy, visit aes-ohio.com/hellofuture.