AES Ohio, a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), reminds customers of Ohio’s customer assistance programs. The Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) offers programs to income eligible Ohioans for utility payment assistance and to improve the energy efficiency of their homes. To apply for the programs below, visit energyhelp.ohio.gov and click on the link at the bottom of the page for local energy assistance providers.
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) one-time annual benefit to your main heating source account.
- Winter Crisis Program (WCP) once per heating season benefit to your main and / or electric accounts.
- Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus) an extended payment arrangement that requires gas and electric companies to accept payments based on a percentage of the household income.
- Home Weatherization Assistance Program (HWAP) residential energy efficiency program. For a list of providers, visit hwap.development.ohio.gov.
- Household eligibility is based in part on income. If eligible, the benefit amount will depend on federal funding levels, how many people live with you, total household income and main fuel used.
- If you live in federally subsidized housing and have a utility bill in your name, you may be eligible.
- Residents of any licensed medical facility (hospital, skilled nursing facility or intermediate care facility) or publicly operated community residence (example: YMCA) are not eligible.
- Boarding / rooming houses, group homes or emergency shelters are not eligible but may be eligible for weatherization services.
- If a household’s total income is zero / none or is completely listed as odd jobs or other income, you can apply by contacting your local energy assistance provider or by completing the application online at energyhelp.ohio.gov. The energy assistance provider may require an IRS transcript and documentation of how the household is being supported and how expenses / bills are being met.
To learn more visit, aes-ohio.com/payment-assistance.
About AES Ohio
AES Ohio is the principal subsidiary of DPL Inc. (DPL), a regional energy provider and an AES company. AES Ohio, a regulated electric utility, provides service to over 527,000 customers in West Central Ohio. During its long history, AES Ohio has served its customers with the lowest rates in Ohio among investor-owned utilities. Connect with AES Ohio on X, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Learn more about how AES Ohio is accelerating the future of energy, visit aes-ohio.com.