Many customers are facing financial hardships as a result of COVID-19. AES Ohio is taking measures to reduce the financial burden on customers.
What changes has AES Ohio made to support customers through this difficult time?
- AES Ohio offers three types of Pay Agreements to help residential customers:
- 1/9 Pay Agreement: We'll divide your past due balance in 9 equal payments, and add that to our estimate of your next 9 bills to calculate 9 equal monthly payments. Since we're estimating your monthly bill amount, it's possible that you may have a credit or balance remaining after your Pay Agreement is complete. This amount will be applied to the next bill following completion of your Pay Agreement.
- 1/6 Pay Agreement: We'll divide your past due balance over your next 6 bills and add it to your regular monthly payments. Your balance will be paid upon completion of the Pay Agreement.
- Winter Heating Plan: Available to AES Ohio customers for bills that include usage from November 1 through April 15. During this time, you may avoid disconnection by paying 1/3 of your balance due to AES Ohio each month. Upon completion of your Winter Heating Plan you can enter into another Pay Agreement to pay off your remaining balance.
- AES Ohio will not assess late fees on accounts that are currently on pay agreements.
- Customers enrolled in Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) who fall behind on their payment plan will maintain eligibility status during the state of emergency.
- The Winter Reconnect Order began October 5, 2020. This order allows customers to pay a maximum of $175 to have service reconnected or maintained, including customers who have already used the Winter Reconnect Order during the 2019-2020 winter season.
- AES Ohio will not require an up-front security deposit to connect service. If a customer requires a deposit, it will be included on their first monthly bill.
- AES Ohio resumed the $1.95 fee for credit and debit card payments on December 1, 2020.
- AES Ohio resumed accessing late payment fees on September 1, 2020 unless you are on a payment plan and staying current.
- AES Ohio resumed fees to restore service following disconnection on September 1, 2020.