If you generate renewable energy, you may be eligible to sell Renewable Energy Credits (also known as Certificates and RECs) to AES Ohio.
Renewable energy generators that produce 1 megawatt-hour of electricity create environmental attributes equivalent to 1 REC.
If you are interested in selling RECs to AES, you must meet the following requirements:
- Use renewable resources such as wind, solar photovoltaic and other technologies as specified by Ohio Revised Code 4928.01 (A)(35)
- Be certified and approved by the PUCO
- Be registered with GATS or M-RETS
1. Apply Submit the online application.
2. Review Your offer will be reviewed, and you will be contacted to discuss.
3. Contract If an agreement is reached, AES Ohio will provide you with a contract.
AES customers installing renewable generating equipment
Learn more about installing renewable energy at your home or business.