If you generate renewable energy, you may be eligible to sell Renewable Energy Credits (also known as Certificates and RECs) to AES Ohio.
Renewable energy generators that produce 1 megawatt-hour of electricity create environmental attributes equivalent to 1 REC.
If you are interested in selling RECs to AES, you must meet the following requirements:
- Use renewable resources such as wind, solar photovoltaic and other technologies as specified by Ohio Revised Code 4928.01 (A)(35)
- Be certified and approved by the PUCO
- Be registered with GATS or M-RETS
2. Review - Your offer will be reviewed, and you will be contacted to discuss.
3. Contract – If an agreement is reached, AES Ohio will provide you with a contract.