We are currently not accepting applications for DCF Chargers
Please note that all available funds for the Direct Current Fast (DCF) Charger rebates have been reserved for projects. As a result, AES Ohio is not currently accepting new applications for DCF Charger rebates. It is possible that funds could become available in the future. If you would like to be contacted if funds for DCF Charger rebates become available, please email your request to EVCharge@AES.com. There continues to be available funding for Level 2 chargers.
AES Ohio is building a smarter, greener future with electric vehicle charger rebates.
Electric vehicles and equipment are quiet, clean and efficient. They offer drivers the opportunity to save money on fuel and maintenance costs, reduce their environmental impact and contribute to the energy independence of the U.S. by using a domestically produced source of energy.
AES Ohio is helping to promote a smarter and greener future by offering our government and business customers rebates for installing electric vehicle charging equipment. Rebates are available for both Level 2 and Direct Current Fast Chargers. Use these incentives to put electric charging stations near your customers, residents or employees. Stations can be installed at your workplace, apartment complex or other locations.
Rebate program overview
AES Ohio has $5.1 million available for electric vehicle charging rebates, paid on a first-come first-serve basis for qualifying projects.*
Qualifying Level 2 Chargers can be installed at workplaces, apartment complexes or in areas available to the public. Qualifying DC Fast Chargers must be installed in areas that are available to the public. All qualifying chargers need to have the ability to record and send data to AES Ohio so that we can better understand and serve our customers in the future. Please read the Terms and Conditions for a complete description of qualifications and requirements.*
Local, State and Federal Governments
- Level 2 Charger Rebates – 100% of eligible project costs with a cap of $10,000 per charging station.
- DC Fast Charger Rebates – 100% of eligible project costs with a cap of $75,000 per charging station.
- Level 2 Charger Rebates – 80% of eligible project costs with a cap of $10,000 per charging station.
- DC Fast Charger Rebates – 80% of eligible project costs with a cap of $75,000 per station.
Business Workplace Charging
- Level 2 Charger Rebates – 50% of eligible project costs with a cap of $10,000 per station.
- Level 2 Charger Rebates – 75% of eligible project costs with a cap of $10,000 per station.
*Note: Rebate limit for any single customer is $357,000.
Here’s how to claim your share!
- Complete Pre-Application
- Receive approval from AES Ohio that application meets criteria
- Install project
- Turn on equipment
- Complete Final Application
- Check issued.